Unexpected critical illnesses can threaten your financial stability. WorryFree Protection Plan gives you lifelong critical illness protection. Through Cigna Wellness Solution, we’re also giving you the help and support you need to live a better life with preventive solution and post-critical illness care.
We provide protection against 100 critical illnesses (61 critical illnesses and 39 early stage critical illnesses). Major critical illnesses such as cancer, stroke and heart disease are also included.
Makes financial planning easier by having a choice of premium terms of 15 years or 25 years.
Covers up to age 65, age 80 or age 100 to suit your needs whether you are looking for essential critical illness coverage, or extra coverage to supplement your current medical insurance.
A series of illness prevention services to keep you healthy and a range of recovery programs for speedy recovery if you are diagnosed with a critical illness.
- This product is a standalone individual policy which aims to provide critical illness protection. It is a non-indemnity insurance policy without cash value.
- Long-term policy
- The plan provides a protection period until age 65/80/100 of person insured, with payment period of 15 or 25 years. Premium rate will not increase with Age, but not guaranteed.
We provide protection for 61 critical illnesses, including cancer, heart attack, stroke, kidney failure and major organ transplant. One-off payment up to 100% of the Sum Insured if the Person Insured is diagnosed with a covered critical illness.
We provide protection for 39 early stage critical illnesses, such as carcinoma-in-situ and early stage malignancy. Receive a payment equals to 20% of the Sum Insured for up to two covered Early Stage CI per policy term.
The premium is not guaranteed, but it will not be increased with your age or your claim history.
Sum Insured ranges from HK$300,000 to HK$1,500,000.
Cancer Care Program
- Our Care Managers provide holistic cancer care to help you overcome the challenges that cancer brings, from cancer screening and diagnosis, to receiving and coping with side effects of treatment.
Chronic Disease Rehabilitation Program
- To provide you with suitable and professional treatment options, our Care Managers provide access to high standard of care and a range of therapies and medicine.
No Claim Health Reward
- As a reward for maintaining your health, a free body check-up coupon is offered every three years if no claim is made.
Digital library of expert-led fitness and well-being video content
- Exercise can reduce the risk of critical illness, that's why we provide a digital platform that encourages you to stay on top of your health and fitness goals.
Cigna Health Hotline
- Our professional Cigna health representatives will answer your health and medical enquiries, and any questions about your insurance plan.
Enroll together with HealthFirst Elite Medical plan and enjoy a 20% off your first-year premium of WorryFree Protection Plan
- The Person Insured must have survived for 14 days from first confirmed diagnosis of Critical Illness or Early Stage CI for the benefit to be payable.
- Payment may be subject to a maximum lifetime limit and/or maximum benefit amount for certain Early Stage CI. Maximum of one Early Stage CI is payable under each group as shown in the product brochure.
|Joshua insures himself with WorryFree Protection Plan (Sum Insured of HK$900,000 with a Payment Term of 15 years and Protection Period until age 100)||35 years old|
|Joshua is confirmed that he has a precancerous colon condition (also defined as Carcinoma-in-situ). This is his first claim for Early Stage CI, and the policy pays him 20% of the Sum Insured. He also has access to the Cancer Care Program for ongoing screening and treatment.||56 years old|
|Joshua’s WorryFree Protection Plan continues to provide him with critical illness protection after retirement.||65 years old|
|Joshua is diagnosed with Stage III of colorectal cancer. He is paid with the remaining 80% of the Sum Insured. Joshua’s family is not sure which treatment plan is right for him. With the Cancer Care Program, a holistic treatment program is tailored to Joshua and his family. The program walks them through the recovery journey.||82 years old|
|Total premium paid from age 35 to 49:||HK$538,875|
|Total benefit received from the plan:||HK$900,000|
You may cancel your policy and obtain a refund of any premium(s) and levy paid by you within the cooling-off period. The cooling-off period is the period of 21 calendar days immediately following either the day of delivery of the policy or the cooling-off notice to you or your nominated representative (whichever is the earlier). The cooling-off notice is a notice that will be sent to you or your nominated representative by Cigna Worldwide Life Insurance Company Limited to notify you of the cooling-off period around the time the policy is delivered. To exercise this right, a written notice of cancellation must be signed by you and received directly by Cigna Worldwide Life Insurance Company Limited at 16/F, International Trade Tower, 348 Kwun Tong Road, Kwun Tong, Kowloon, Hong Kong within the cooling-off period. No refund can be made if a claim has been made.
After the cooling-off period, the Policy Holder can request cancellation of the policy by giving thirty (30) days prior written notice to the Company, provided that there has been no benefit payment under the policy during the relevant Policy Year. However, there shall be no refund of premium paid for such policy cancellation after cooling-off period.
- The policy will be automatically terminated when one of the following happens:
- the Maturity Date;
- the death of the Person Insured;
- one-hundred percent (100%) of the Sum Insured becomes payable under Critical Illness Benefit and / or Early Stage CI Benefit;
- this Policy is cancelled by the Policyholder by giving not less than thirty (30) days’ notice in writing to the Company; or
- at the end of a Grace Period when the Premium payable or any part thereof remains unpaid.
- If there is any fraud, mis-statement or concealment in the application or declaration, or if you or your beneficiary makes a dishonest claim, we have the right to cancel the policy immediately. In such case, you shall immediately return all payment including claims paid by us under the policy.
While your current planned benefits will not be adjusted during the policy term, future medical costs and protection needs may be higher than they are today due to inflation.
- Premium Term and Non-payment of Premium
The premium payment term of WorryFree Protection Plan is 15 years or 25 years.
If you fail to pay the initial premium, your policy will not commence or take effect. Except for the initial premium payment, there will be a grace period of 1 month after any premium due date. Your policy will remain effective during this grace period. If any premium is not paid at the end of the grace period, your policy will lapse on the premium due date and you will lose the insurance cover.
We reserve the right to deduct any outstanding premium from any benefit(s) payable.
- Mis-statement of Age, Sex and Smoking Habit
If age, sex or smoking habit has been mistated by you or any Person Insured but the relevant person insured would still be eligible for coverage, we have the right to adjust the premiums payable based on the correct information.
If mis-statement of the Person Insured’s information by you or any Person Insured means that there is a period during which the Person Insured is ineligible for coverage, all coverage during this period will be void. Our liability shall be limited to a refund (upon written request) of any premium relating to this period, to be paid out without interest. In case of fraud on the part of the Person Insured and/or the Policyholder. If any claims are made during such a period, we retain the right to recover them.
Early Termination Risk
This plan is a long term insurance policy. If you cancel the policy before the maturity date, you may suffer a loss of premium paid and insurance coverage.
- Premium Level and Adjustment
The premium level of WorryFree Protection Plan corresponding to the plan, payment term, expiry age and sum insured amount that you selected is determined based on the age at policy commencement, sex and smoking habit of the person insured.
The premium is not guaranteed throughout the premium payment term. We have the absolute right and discretion to adjust the premium upon policy anniversary. Factors leading to premium adjustment may include but are not limited to our experience in claims, surrender, investment return, and expenses incurred by and/or in relation to the plan.
Cigna shall not be liable to pay any claim (other than a claim covered under the "Compassionate Death Benefit" that directly or indirectly results from or is consequent upon or contributed to by:
- any Pre-existing Medical Condition and any special exclusion(s) set out under this Policy;
- any Accident, Bodily Injury, Sickness or illness sustained or suffered by the Person Insured which has occurred or which has been diagnosed or which has exhibited symptoms or which has required medical advice and/or treatment and/or the prescription of drugs prior to and/or during the Waiting Period;
- intentionally self-inflicted injuries, suicide or any attempt thereof, while sane or insane;
- alcohol abuse, the consumption of drugs not following a Physician’s prescription, Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome (AIDS), AIDS Related Complex (ARC) or infection with the Human Immunodeficiency Virus except “Infection due to Blood Transfusion” and “Occupationally acquired HIV” as defined in this Policy;
- any congenital abnormality or disorder;
- any criminal act; or
- travel in any aircraft, except as a fare paying passenger in a commercial aircraft or aircrew working on an aircraft.