Hassle-free surgical insurance plan to keep you covered at all times
Wide range of deductible options
PLAN TYPE, POLICY TERM AND PREMIUM STRUCTURE OF BASIC PLAN
- This product is a standalone individual policy which aims to provide hospitalization benefits. It is an indemnity insurance policy without cash value.
- 1 year and Annually Renewable.
- The plan provides a protection period of 1 year and renewable until age 100 of person insured, with payment period until the end of protection period. Premium Rate will increase with Age, and yearly adjustable.
HOSPITALIZATION AND SURGICAL BENEFITS
Up to HK$1 million coverage for:
Room & board of up to 270 days per year
Surgical, anaesthetist's and operation theatre expenses1.
Pre-admission and post-hospitalization treatment2, and MRI, CT Scan and PET Scan services at clinics
Ranges from HK$30,000 – $200,000 per policy year to suit your specific needs
From 15 days to 75 years
For details of the coverage, please click here.
- Anaesthetist’s Expenses and Operation Theatre Expenses are subject to 35% of Surgical Expenses payable.
- Pre-admission and post-hospitalization Outpatient Expenses is subject to a maximum limit of HK$10,000 per policy year.
Cathy suffered from a Benign Tumor and needed craniotomy surgery and brain tumor excision. She was worried about the high risk and complicated nature of the surgery, as well as the expensive medical bills, which totaled HK$600,000.
Cathy’s group medical policy entitles her to only HK$42,000 for her medical expenses. Luckily, Cathy enrolled in Ward Level of the Plus Medical Plan (with the HK$50,000 annual deductible option), which helped to relieve her financial burdens arising from her expensive surgery.
|Benefit Items||Actual medical expenses incurred||Expenses covered by group medical policy||Calculation of deductible1||Deductible||Calculation illustration of expenses covered by Plus Medical Plan||Expense covered by Plus Medical Plan|
Room and Board
Other Medical Expenses
Post-Hospitalization Outpatient Expenses
- Your HKID no.
- The HKID no. of any family members you wish to cover
- your basic contact information
- the height, weight, and medical history details of you or any family members you wish to cover
- your credit card information
You may also wish to review the details of any existing medical insurance (e.g. employee medical coverage) so you can choose a level of cover that is suitable to “top up” your existing plan.
If you already have a Plus policy or a Cigna HealthFirst TopUp Medical Plan, there is no need to apply again. However, you may call 8200 8376 to discuss whether we can help by adjusting the coverage on your existing policy to better suit your needs.
If you are already covered under a different Cigna plan, you may enroll in Plus in order to “top up” your existing coverage.
The maximum annual limit for benefit of Plus is HK$1 million.
We will start paying for the covered medical expenses once the deductible amount has been reached. The deductible will be covered either by you or your other insurance plan(s). Generally under the same plan level, the higher the deductible you choose, the lower the premium you pay.
Once your policy is issued, regardless of your health conditions or claims record, the policy is guaranteed renewable every year as long as the plan is still available.
We will not increase your premium due to your claims history or due to changes in your health or occupation.
Please login to our customer portal at www.mycigna.com.hk or download our MyCigna HK application from the App Store or Google Play store.
When submitting a claim through MyCigna HK, please have the below documents ready.
Hospitalization / Medical Expenses Claim
- Accident or Medical Expenses Doctor Form completed by your attending doctor
- Medical Receipt(s)
- Hospital statement of charges / invoice / bill with breakdown of charges
- Hospital Discharge Summary or any document(s) issued by doctor/hospital with diagnosis proof
- Identity card copy of the Policyholder
- If you have submitted a claim to other insurer(s), please provide a copy of the relevant Compensation Breakdown
For details, you may visit here
Cigna Customer Service Hotline: 2560 1990 during office hours
Mon – Fri, 0900 - 1900, except Public Holidays).
- Hospital and Surgical benefits equal to 90% of your medical expenses after the deductible of your choice.
- If you also have a Cigna HealthFirst Choice policy, its benefits can help you cover the deductible.
- For worldwide coverage, the plan pays 50% Hospital and Surgical Benefits after deductible if the hospital confinement is outside Hong Kong.
- Your are guaranteed lifetime renewal of your policy subject to the continuing issuance of HealthFirst Plus medical plan and the payment of the premium.
- Cigna reserves the right to revise policy premiums, terms and conditions, and /or the coverage amount upon each renewal.The above information is for reference only and does not constitute any contract or any part thereof between Cigna and any other parties. Please refer to the policy provisions for details. Cigna will be happy to provide a specimen of policy upon your request.
The above insurance plan is underwritten by Cigna Worldwide General Insurance Company Limited.