Critical illness can threaten our lives and financial well-being of your family. Guarantee 100 Protection Plan not only provides you with comprehensive protection against 100 critical illnesses, but also allows you to receive 100% of total premium paid at age 65. Through Cigna Wellness Solution, we will support you to live a better life with preventive solution and post-critical illness care.
Guaranteed return of 100% total premium paid on death or at age 65. Make financial planning easier with premiums that will not increase with your age or claim history. You can choose from premium terms of 15 years or 25 years.
We provide protection against 100 critical illnesses (61 critical illnesses and 39 early stage critical illnesses). Major critical illnesses such as cancer, stroke and heart disease are also included.
At age 65, you can apply for your critical illness protection to cover up to age 100, without further health assessment.
A series of Illness prevention services to keep you healthy and a range of recovery programs for a speedy recovery if you are diagnosed with a critical illness.
- This product is a standalone individual policy which aims to provide critical illness protection. It is a non-indemnity insurance policy with cash value.
- Long-term policy
- The plan provides a protection period until age 65 of person insured, with payment period of 15 or 25 years, and level and guaranteed premium.
Whether you choose a payment term of 15 or 25 years, you will receive a guaranteed Cash Value equals to 100% of total premium paid at age 65.
By the end of your payment term, you can receive a Cash Value equals to 80% of total premium paid if you decide to surrender your policy.
We provide protection for 61 critical illnesses, including cancer, heart attack, stroke, kidney failure and major organ transplant. One-off payment up to 100% of the Sum Insured if the Person Insured is diagnosed with a covered critical illness.
We provide protection for 39 early stage critical illnesses, such as carcinoma-in-situ and early stage malignancy. Receive a payment equals to 20% of the Sum Insured for up to two covered Early Stage CI per policy term.
For your easier financial planning, the premium is guaranteed and it will not be increased based on age or claim history.
Sum Insured ranges from HK$300,000 to HK$1,500,000
Cancer Care Program
- Our Care Managers provide holistic cancer care to help you overcome the challenges that cancer brings, from cancer screening and diagnosis, to receiving and coping with side effects of treatment.
Chronic Disease Rehabilitation Program
- To provide you with suitable and professional treatment options, our Care Managers provide access to high standard of care and a range of therapies and medicine.
No Claim Health Reward
- As a reward for maintaining your health, a free body check-up coupon is offered every three years if no claim is made.
Digital library of expert-led fitness and well-being video content
- Exercise can reduce the risk of critical illness, that's why we provide a digital platform that encourages you to stay on top of your health and fitness goals.
Cigna Health Hotline
- Our professional Cigna health representatives will answer your health and medical enquiries, and any questions about your insurance plan.
At age 65, you can enroll WorryFree Protection Plan without further health assessment.
Enroll together with HealthFirst Elite Medical plan and enjoy a 10% off your first-year premium of Guarantee 100 Protection Plan
- The Person Insured must have survived for 14 days from first confirmed diagnosis for this benefit to be payable.
- Payment may be subject to a maximum lifetime limit and/or maximum benefit amount for certain Early Stage CI. Maximum of one Early Stage CI is payable under each group as shown in the product brochure.
- The plan to be offered will be subject to Cigna’s terms and conditions on the Maturity Date.
*The actual premium is based on insured age and smoking habit to calculate. The above premium is based on a non-smoker in age 35 who selected a VHIS Series – Flexible Plan(Superior) with $50,000 deductible plan to calculate.
|Scenario A (Mary is in good health and not suffering any critical illness)||Age|
|Mary insures herself with Guarantee 100 Protection Plan. (Sum Insured of HK$500,000 with a Payment Term of 15 years)||28 years old|
|Mary stays in good health with Cigna Wellness Solution.||29 years old to 64 years old|
|Mary receives 100% of her total premium paid. As she did not make any claims, she has the Lifetime CI Protection Offer to enroll WorryFree Protection Plan without any further health assessment1. Mary decides to convert her critical illness protection to cover up to age 100 with the Cash Value she receives upon maturity.||65 years old|
|Mary is diagnosed with stroke and receives a policy pay-out of 100% of the Sum Insured and the policy ends.||77 years old|
|Total premium paid from age 28 to 42:||HK$260,445|
|Total benefit received from the plan:||HK$500,000|
- The plan to be offered will be subject to Cigna’s terms and conditions on the Maturity Date.
|Scenario B (Jasmine experiences a car accident and suffers from early stage critical illness)||Age|
|Jasmine insures herself with Guarantee 100 Protection Plan. (Sum Insured of HK$1,000,000 with a Payment Term of 25 years)||30 years old|
|Jasmine experiences a car accident, and she is hospitalized and in a coma1 for 1 week. The policy pays her 20% of the Sum Insured as an Early Stage CI Benefit, which acts as an income replacement while she is in recovery.||40 years old|
|Through the Chronic Disease Rehabilitation Program, Jasmine receives physiotherapy treatment and it helps her get back to advancing her career as soon as possible.||41 to 65 years old|
|Jasmine receives 100% of her total premium paid and plans for retirement.||65 years old|
|Total premium paid from age 30 to 54:||HK$745,225|
|Total benefit received from the plan:||HK$945,225|
- Less Severe Coma
You may cancel your policy and obtain a refund of any premium(s) and levy paid by you within the cooling-off period. The cooling-off period is the period of 21 calendar days immediately following either the day of delivery of the policy or the cooling-off notice to you or your nominated representative (whichever is the earlier). The cooling-off notice is a notice that will be sent to you or your nominated representative by Cigna Worldwide Life Insurance Company Limited to notify you of the cooling-off period around the time the policy is delivered. To exercise this right, a written notice of cancellation must be signed by you and received directly by Cigna Worldwide Life Insurance Company Limited at 16/F, 348 Kwun Tong Road, Kwun Tong, Kowloon, Hong Kong within the cooling-off period. No refund can be made if a claim has been made.
After the cooling-off period, the Policy Holder can request cancellation of the policy by giving thirty (30) days prior written notice to the Company, provided that there has been no benefit payment under the policy during the relevant Policy Year. However, there shall be no refund of premium paid for such policy cancellation after cooling-off period.
- The policy will be automatically terminated when one of the following happens:
- the Maturity Date;
- the death of the Person Insured;
- one-hundred percent (100%) of the Sum Insured becomes payable under Critical Illness Benefit and / or Early Stage CI Benefit;
- this Policy is cancelled by the Policyholder by giving not less than thirty (30) days’ notice in writing to the Company; or
- at the end of a Grace Period when the Premium payable or any part thereof remains unpaid.
- If there is any fraud, mis-statement or concealment in the application or declaration, or if you or your beneficiary makes a dishonest claim, we have the right to cancel the policy immediately. In such case, you shall immediately return all payment including claims paid by us under the policy.
While your current planned benefits will not be adjusted during the policy term, future medical costs and protection needs may be higher than they are today due to inflation.
- Premium Term and Non-payment of Premium
The premium payment term of Guarantee 100 Protection Plan is 15 years or 25 years.
If you fail to pay the initial premium, your policy will not commence or take effect. Except for the initial premium payment, there will be a grace period of 1 month after any premium due date. Your policy will remain effective during this grace period. If any premium is not paid at the end of the grace period, your policy will lapse on the premium due date and you will lose the insurance cover.
We reserve the right to deduct any outstanding premium from any benefit(s) payable.
- Mis-statement of Age, Sex and Smoking Habit
If age, sex or smoking habit has been mistated by you or any Person Insured but the relevant person insured would still be eligible for coverage, we have the right to adjust the premiums payable based on the correct information.
If mis-statement of the Person Insured’s information by you or any Person Insured means that there is a period during which the Person Insured is ineligible for coverage, all coverage during this period will be void. Our liability shall be limited to a refund (upon written request) of any premium relating to this period, to be paid out without interest. In case of fraud on the part of the Person Insured and/or the Policyholder. If any claims are made during such a period, we retain the right to recover them.
Early Termination and Liquidity Risk
This plan is a long term insurance policy. The policy contains value and if you cancel the policy before the maturity date, the amount of benefit getting back (i.e. Cash Value) will be less than the total premium paid and you may suffer a loss of money and insurance coverage. You need to bear the liquidity risk associated with the plan.
- Premium Level and Adjustment
The premium level of Guarantee 100 Protection Plan corresponding to the plan, payment term, expiry age and sum insured amount that you selected is determined based on the age at policy commencement, sex and smoking habit of the person insured.
The premium is level and guaranteed throughout the premium payment term.
Cigna shall not be liable to pay any claim (other than a claim covered under the “Death Benefit”) that directly or indirectly results from or is consequent upon or contributed to by:
- any Pre-existing Medical Condition and any special exclusion(s) set out under this Policy;
- any Accident, Bodily Injury, Sickness or illness sustained or suffered by the Person Insured which has occurred or which has been diagnosed or which has exhibited symptoms or which has required medical advice and/or treatment and/or the prescription of drugs prior to and/or during the Waiting Period;
- intentionally self-inflicted injuries, suicide or any attempt thereof, while sane or insane;
- alcohol abuse, the consumption of drugs not following a Physician’s prescription, Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome (AIDS), AIDS Related Complex (ARC) or infection with the Human Immunodeficiency Virus except “Infection due to Blood Transfusion” and “Occupationally acquired HIV” as defined in this Policy;
- any congenital abnormality or disorder;
- any criminal act; or
- travel in any aircraft, except as a fare paying passenger in a commercial aircraft or aircrew working on an aircraft.