EMPLOYEE HEALTH VALUE+ PORTABLE PLAN
- This product is a standalone individual policy. The basic plan provides hospitalization benefits which can be added with optional benefits of outpatient or other medical protection. The policy provides both indemnity and non-indemnity benefits. It does not contain any cash value.
- 1 year and Annually Renewable.
- The plan provides a protection period of 1 year and renewable until age 100 of person insured, with payment period until the end of protection period. Premium Rate will increase with Age, and yearly adjustable.
Annual benefit limit up to HK$1,000,000 covers major hospital expenses such as Hospital Room & Board, Surgical Expenses and Advanced Diagnostic Imaging on both outpatient and inpatient basis. Hospital cash benefit is up to HK$500 per day for your confinement in public hospitals administered by the Hong Kong Hospital Authority
To give you extra peace of mind, Health Value+ provides a 24-hour medical hotline manned by experienced nurses.
Unexpected illnesses can bring upon costly out-of-pocket expenses. That’s why we’ll waive 6 months of premium on Basic Benefits in the unfortunate event that you are diagnosed with cancer. In addition, we offer extra protection of up to HKD $300,000 to cover treatments of cancer and kidney dialysis, plus reimbursement for post-hospitalization auxiliary treatments due to cancer. With added financial support to relieve your burden, you can focus on getting better during difficult times.
We invest in prevention, rather than just reacting to symptoms. That’s why we provide extra protection including outpatient treatments, dental and preventive care benefits. From acupuncture to dental X-rays, eye tests to vaccinations, Health Value+ allows you to regularly monitor your well-being to keep you away from illnesses.
For detailed coverage amounts for each of the Hospital and Surgical Benefits and Recommended Additional Benefits, please click here.
- The eligibility of guaranteed acceptance is subject to minimum employee requirement of the corporate company and plan selection rule. Medical underwriting is required if the criteria is not met. For details, please refer the product brochure.
- It refers to the coverage period of last employment in Cigna’s group medical insurance by the applicant.
- The exclusions imposed under Cigna group medical plan will also be applicable to Health Value+.
The above product information is a summary of plan benefits which does not contain the full terms of the policy and the full terms can be found in the policy document.
Pre-existing Medical Conditions means Bodily Injury or Sickness sustained or suffered by the Person Insured which has been diagnosed or has exhibited symptoms or has occurred or required medical advice and/or treatment and/or the prescriptions of drugs before the Issue Date or the Commencement Date (whichever is the later).
Notwithstanding the foregoing, “Pre-existing Medical Conditions” shall not include Bodily Injury or Sickness which:
- has been fully disclosed in the Application Form and/or the Statement(s), and the Company agrees not to classify it as an exclusion under the Policy; and/or
- the Person Insured affected by this condition has/had been insured under the Group Policy and/or under this Policy for a total duration of at least twelve (12) Calendar Months. For the avoidance of doubt, unless otherwise specified by the Company, Pre-existing Medical Conditions shall be covered from the date on which the Person Insured has been insured for a total duration of twelve (12) Calendar Months under the Group Policy and/or this Policy.
The following list is for reference only and it is not a full list of exclusions. Please refer to the policy provisions for the complete list and details of exclusions.
Cigna shall not be liable to pay any claim or expenses incurred directly or indirectly resulting from or consequent upon or contributed by the following items:
- Pre-existing Medical Conditions except being waived by the Company;
- Any special exclusion(s) set out under this Policy;
- War, invasion, act of foreign enemy, hostilities (whether war is declared or not), Civil Commotion, rebellion, revolution, insurrection, military or usurped power or Terrorism;
- The Person Insured’s engaging in or taking part in:
- Naval, military or air force service or operations, armed force or service with the police of any nation;
- Professional sports or hazardous activities such as but not limited to rock climbing or mountaineering, parachuting, hang-gliding (whether powered or not), para-gliding, bungi-jumping or any kind of race other than by foot;
- Cave, wreck or free diving, professional diving, diving without holding the correct diving certification such as a Professional Association of Diving Instructors (PADI) and diving at depths below 40 meters;
- professional, semiprofessional or competitive winter sports, cross country skiing or snowboarding, ski or snowboard jumping, heli-skiing, off piste skiing or snowboarding, Speed Skiing;
- Working at height (over 20 feet);
- Operating heavy machinery;
- Aviation or aerial activities except air travel as a fare-paying passenger in or as a member of the aircrew of a properly licensed, fixed-wing multi-engined aircraft constructed to carry passengers and operated by a licensed commercial air carrier or in a helicopter owned and operated by a commercial concern which is licensed for the regular transportation of fare-paying passengers provided such helicopter is operating only between commercial airports and／or licensed commercial heliports and provided further that in either event such travel is not for the purpose of any trade or technical operation in or on the aircraft; or
- Manufacture, storage, filling, breakdown, handling and transport of any explosive (including but not limited to firework or firecracker) or chemical material;
- The Person Insured's suicide, attempted suicide or intentionally self-inflicted injuries, whether sane or insane;
- The Person Insured being under the influence of alcohol or drugs unless, in the case of drug consumption, it is proven that such drug was taken in accordance with proper medical prescription by a Physician other than for the treatment of drug addiction;
- Any act of the Person Insured being contrary to the law of the country or territory in which the Bodily Injury or Sickness occurs as a result of such act;
- Pregnancy, childbirth and miscarriage of or abortion by the Person Insured, including complications resulting therefrom notwithstanding that such incident may have been accelerated or induced by Bodily Injury or Sickness;
- Infection with Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) or variants including Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome (AIDS) and AIDS-related complex (ARC);
- Sexually-transmitted diseases or treatment thereof;
- Infertility or sterilization or any type of fertility;
- Birth defects, Congenital Conditions, Hereditary Conditions or any disabilities arising therefrom;
- Cosmetic and elective surgery including but not limited to:
- facelifts (rhytidectomy);
- nose reshaping (rhinoplasty);
- liposuction and other procedures which remove fat tissue;
- hair transplants; and
- surgery to change the shape of, enhance or reduce breast (other than breast reconstruction following treatment for breast cancer);
- Eye refraction error and the treatment(s) of which involve but not limited to, laser treatment, refractive keratotomy or photorefractive keratectomy, except due to Bodily Injury. The Company shall pay for treatment to correct or restore eyesight if it is Medically Necessary as a result of a Sickness or Bodily Injury, such as cataracts or a detached retina;
- Routine eye／ear examinations, cost of spectacles, contact lenses, hearing aids and artificial lens except such occurrence are covered under the “Medical Appliances” section of the Basic Policy and the Wellness Benefits (optional benefit);
- Vaccination and immunisation injections except such occurrence are covered under the Wellness Benefit (optional benefit);
- All dental treatment prescribed by dentist except emergency treatments by a Physician during Hospital Confinement due to Bodily Injury. No claims shall be payable for any follow up treatment from such Hospital Confinement. This exclusion is not applicable to Dental Benefits (optional benefit);
- All organ transplantation, transplant procedures and acquisition of the organ itself to be used for organ transplantation;
- Treatment for a related condition resulting from addictive conditions and disorders, including but not limited to smoking cessation;
- Not Medically Necessary;
- Non medical services, including but not limited to guest meals, radio, telephone, photocopy, taxes, medical report charges, fax and the like; or
- Developmental Conditions including but not limited to:
- learning difficulties such as dyslexia;
- behavioral problems such as autism or attention deficit disorder (ADHD); or
- physical development problems such as short height;
The following exclusions are applicable to Dental Benefits:
- Consultation and treatment fees of Dental Specialists or Dentists with Specialty Training;
- Treatment provided by Dental Specialists or Dentists with Specialty Training for young children who are unsuitable to be treated by or unable to accept dental treatment from a General Dental Practitioner;
- All other non-listed treatments;
- Extraction of wisdom teeth, any complicated extractions, any extractions requiring bone removal, any surgical extractions or extractions for orthodontic reasons;
- Fillings for cosmetic reasons; and
- Treatment of advance periodontal (gum) disease.